Let’s talk masks! We’re not talking Halloween costume masks, but the super relaxing kind of masks you might enjoy at the spa. We can’t get enough of our therapeutic and beneficial face masks!
We’ve decided to round up the many benefits of our key Jordan Essentials masks.
Here is everything you need to know about our Detoxifying Clay Mask and Purifying Charcoal Mask.
Our Detoxifying Clay Mask is great year-round due to its ability to remove pollutants from the skin and provide a deep clean. Made with Bentonite clay, this mask is suitable for all skin types and can even be used as a spot blemish treatment.
In addition to removing toxins and detoxifying the skin, Bentonite clay also treats oily skin and acne, and it removes any makeup clogged in the pores.
This clay mask also features safflower seed oil, apricot kernel oil, sweet almond oil, castor oil, sunflower oil, aloe, green tea, chamomile, and seaweed. The oils help moisturize the skin and nourish it with antioxidants. Aloe helps reduce the appearance of blemishes, as well as moisturize and heal the skin, while green tea is loaded with antioxidants that help with anti aging. Chamomile speeds up the healing process and seaweed hydrates the skin. The combination of moisturizing, hydrating, and healing make this a great mask for all seasons and all skin types.
The Purifying Charcoal Mask is an essential for your beauty cabinet. If you’re not using activated charcoal in your skincare routine yet, then you’ll definitely want to learn about the many benefits of charcoal.
Charcoal removes impurities from the skin and leaves behind a healthier, clearer complexion. Using a charcoal face mask will provide you with brighter skin tone.
Due to its ability to remove bacteria and dead skin cells from the skin, charcoal is able to heal acne. The antibacterial properties of charcoal allow it to lift bacteria from the pores, purify the pores, and improve overall skin tone. Charcoal rids your skin of acne-causing elements like excess sebum, clogged pores, and dead skin buildup.
Got oily skin? Charcoal can even mattify oily skin by balancing the oil secretion on the skin. If you have oily, blemish-prone skin, a charcoal face mask is especially beneficial.
Jordan Essentials face masks are made from the highest quality and natural ingredients, so you know you are pampering your skin the healthy way.
Watch for info about our super fun Toner Mists and Sheet Masks too!
One key to a good face care routine is consistency. Using naturally-based, non-toxic products daily will support healthy, more youthful-looking skin. Simplicity to the routine will make it easy to follow on a daily basis.
Jordan Essentials Founder & CEO, Nancy Bogart, is an anti-aging expert! She follows a simple, consistent routine for skincare twice daily to maintain her youthful, glowing complexion.
Nancy’s five steps are:
Step 1: Cleansing
Step 2: Exfoliating
Step 3: Masking (Not daily)
Step 4: Toning
Step 5: Moisturizing (& Serums)
Watch Nancy in action with this quick Face Care 101 Tutorial – Click Here
Step 1 – Starting with a clean slate is important. Gently cleansing the skin twice a day is important to remove the toxins we are exposed to daily. Gentle Cleanser Foaming Wash is a safe, effective cleansers for all skin types.
Cleansing before bedtime supports the body’s regeneration of new cells and allows them to detoxify naturally. Cleansing when we wake up clears away the “sleepy” cells and reveals a fresh face ready to take on the day.
Step 2 – Exfoliating away the old, dry skin cells doesn’t need to be done daily. Exfoliating products contain slightly more abrasive ingredients to buff and polish the skin, promoting a smooth and soft glow. It can be worked into your routine as your skin needs a freshen up.
Jordan Essentials provides two options. Choose between JE Gentle Exfoliant with jojoba beads (for all skin types including sensitive skin), or JE Spa Polish with refreshing cucumber and finely crushed walnut shells for normal or oily skin.
Step 3 – A healthy facial mask is your at-home spa treatment! Like exfoliating, masking is not needed daily. Masking supports adding rich nutrients to the skin and removing impurities from clogged pores that daily cleansing can’t fully remove. Masks from Jordan Essentials do not peel away layers of skin! They soften, soothe and support collagen renewal.
Step 4 – Toning can also be Step 2 in a simple daily routine. Toner Mist tightens the pores and hydrates the skin. It is like liquid vitamins for your skin! Light and easily absorbed, Toner Mist can be used throughout the day to freshen, brighten and add moisture to your skin.
For acne control, add 10 drops of Jordan Essentials Tea Tree Essential Oil to a 4-ounce bottle of Toner Mist. Tea Tree has antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiseptic qualities that help combat acne.
Step 5 – The final step of a daily face care routine is to moisturize. Morning or night, moisturizing is needed to keep our skin hydrated. All skin types need hydration to stay looking and feeling healthy, smooth, and vibrant with a youthful glow.
Depending on your skin type, your morning moisturizer may differ from your nightly moisturizer. And moisturizing needs often change with the seasons. Be adaptable but be consistent with using moisturizer twice daily.
Step 5 can be enhanced with serums for the extra boosts to fight aging and to maintain healthy skin. Talk with your Jordan Essentials Consultant for more information on the variety of serums and face care products Jordan Essentials offers or visit us at www.jordanessentials.com
Our faces are a reflection of how we’re doing, whether or not we’re feeling well, and they tell others whether we’ve been stressed and not getting enough sleep, or whether we’re well-nourished and taking good care of ourselves. Let’s be real—we’ve all been all over the spectrum when it comes to how healthy our faces are.
One of the best and quickest ways to take care of your face is to use a face mask. We especially love our Purifying Charcoal Mask for removing impurities and toxins from the skin’s surface as well as deep in pores. It also helps your skin retain its natural moisture as the good stuff soaks in!
This week, reset your skin, reboot your health, and pamper yourself with some much-needed self-care by setting aside some time to indulge in a soothing face mask. Face masks are great because they require you to take a break from your busy life and just enjoy the benefits of skincare.
We recommend cleansing your face first, applying a mask, and then finishing up with a rejuvenating face mist!
Here are 5 ways you can practice self-care this week to heal both your face and your entire being!
1. Purify your skin with charcoal: Our Purifying Charcoal Mask is a fun and effective face mask for ridding your skin of impurities and giving you a deep cleanse. This relaxing ritual will not only refresh your skin health, but it will also give your face a bright, youthful glow. And who doesn’t need that midweek?!
2. Pick up a book: When was the last time you read a book cover to cover? With so many binge-worthy TV shows, it can be hard to set aside time for reading, but giving your eyes and your face a break from the harsh light of a TV or computer screen is great for improving your wellbeing. Instead of turning on the TV, pick out a book that you’ve been dying to read!
3. Cleanse & detoxify your skin: Use the Detoxifying Clay Mask to give your face a deep cleanse and pull pollutants from your pores. This bentonite clay mask is beneficial for all skin types, and it can even be used as a blemish spot treatment! This means you can truly revive and heal your skin and step into the week with a fresh, radiant face!
4. Say Om! This week, settle into savasana and take a break from doing anything at all. Whether you practice yoga or meditation, or you prefer to simply stretch and lie down, practice some form of gentle movement and follow it up with stillness in silence. This will do wonders for your mind and your body.
5. Turn up the music: When it comes to self-care, you may hear the same things over and over again, but we’ve got something new for you to try. Turn up your favorite song and just dance! Grab your loved one …or your furry friend, and get moving. You may feel silly at first, but dancing will invite laughter and will relieve so much stress and tension from your body and your mind.
What self-care practice are you doing this week to boost your wellbeing?
Who wants a fresh face for spring?! You can’t see, but we’re raising both hands!
Jordan Essentials has a face care line featuring natural, pure and fresh ingredients to give you that fresh face for spring!
Cucumber Spa Polish For The Ultimate Full Body & Face Treatment
The Cucumber Spa Polish has walnut shells which have a natural antimicrobial effect to them. Blackheads and breakouts will get a full treatment with weekly use of the spa polish. Go double duty, and use the product all over your body for a body polish after a long day.
Gentle Exfoliant For A Soft, Polished Pampering
Want and need a more gentle exfoliant? Jojoba beads are the answer! Our Gentle Exfoliant is perfect for a soft, polished pampering. While the exfoliant is primarily used on the face, you can also use this exfoliant on your hands and cuticles for a soft scrub massage. However you choose to use this product, just add a little water and massage gently for better circulation and to remove dead skin cells.
With all this talk about polishing and exfoliating the skin, we figured what better time than now to share some of our favorite skincare tips for a fresh face.
4 Skincare Questions Answered For A Fresh Face
Here are 4 of our favorite skincare tips to get a fresh face.
How often should you wash your face?
Cleanse your face twice a day. First, when you wake up, and second, before you go to bed. You may wonder why you need to wash your face in the morning when in the evening you’re washing makeup off, but our faces accumulate sweat and oil overnight. It’s just as important to wash your face in the morning as it is at night. Try our Gentle Foaming Cleanser!
What should your step-by-step skincare routine look like?
1. Cleanse your face twice daily with your gentle cleanser, warm water, and either your clean hands or try our Facial Brush. Work into a lather, taking your time, and then rinse well.
2. Once a week, exfoliate and/or polish after you wash your face. This process will renew the circulation in your face and slough off dead skin cells.
3. Once a week, treat any spots and apply a mask. Use either our Detoxifying Clay Mask, or our Purifying Charcoal Mask. Apply liberally to cleansed skin and leave the mask on for 10 minutes. Mist with toner to keep it moist, if needed. Finish with our Acne Support Gel if you have any blemishes that need treatment.
4. After cleansing, spritz your Toner Mist to tone and hydrate your skin. Allow to air dry.
5. Moisturize daily. Apply moisturizer every single day to keep your skin youthful, soft, and healthy. Use our Daily Moisturizer, Red Wine Moisturizer, or our Acne Support Moisturizer.
How do you use a polish & why?
A ‘polish’ is a type of exfoliant. It’s a powerful exfoliating product that also cleanses, removing blackheads and reducing breakouts. In addition to cleansing and detoxing your face, the polish will also exfoliate your skin, clearing away dead skin cells.
What are the rules for exfoliating?
We recommend exfoliating once a week. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to use our Gentle Exfoliator. If you exfoliate too often you’ll be doing more harm than good. We know exfoliating feels soooo yummy and good, but save it for that once a week, self-care spa night!
...come to those who sign up for our emails.
Thanks for joining! Look for your first email to arrive soon!